[sword-devel] .Net/C# and Sword

Greg Marine gregmarine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:22:37 MST 2006

Jason,

May I suggest a name for this wrapper? #sword, or Sharp Sword? Play on words
of course. A lot of C# libraries have sharp in their names, but in this case
we are talking about a sword too, which should be sharp. Sorry of this
sounds lame or dull. Just a humble suggestion...

Thanks again for sharing this!!!

God Bless!!!

On 1/20/06, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jason Turner wrote:
> > To be honest, the main reason I started on Biblestudy instead
> > of working on BibleCS was because I had no experience with Borland's
> > tools, didn't want to pay for Borland's tools (I believe this was
> > right before the free versions were released) and didn't have any
> > interest in learning Borland's tools.
> >
> > There are probably literally MILLIONS more people that already know
> > the Windows.Forms API's than know GTK#.
> When I started on JSword (initially started as a Java port of Sword), I
> thought that:
> 1) Cross-platform is the way to go (still believe that and from the
> postings, most here do also)
> 2) Lots of people know Java and would love to help. (Not the case)
> 3) Java is the be all and end all. So people would be willing to learn a
> new language.
>    (Still not the case, even though I would like it to be;)
>
> What I have come to realize is that each of us has different skills that
> we want to use for God's
> glory. Advancing His kingdom is what it is all about.

Internet Community Church Ministries
   Because of His Grace We Serve
http://www.iccnet.org