[sword-devel] .Net/C# and Sword

Greg Marine gregmarine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:34:51 MST 2006

I'm VERY interested in the .NET/C# wrapper. I'm also VERY interested in how
you got it to work since I've attempted it myself. I never did get it to
work.

I am not sure if I can be much help to anyone's efforts to create a new
Windows front-end using this new wrapper, but I would sure love to try. I
have written software in .NET/C# and enjoy doing so. In the meantime, I
would love to work with this wrapper to familiarize myself better with using
the Sword API. I use the VS 2005 Express Editions myself, so if I am able to
assist you, I already know the development tools you are using!

Please let us know when you have this available and any special notes about
it. Question: What are your thoughts for the wrapper's license?

Also, does this mean you will stop work on the wxWidgets/wxMozilla version?

Jason, thank you for your work!!!

God Bless,
Greg M.

On 1/18/06, Jason Turner <lefticus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Did you know that BibleStudy as it currently stands has been updated
> to use wxMozilla? It was the only way that I could get proper right to
> left rendering working. I will probably take another look at
> COM/activex versions of mozilla as I rewrite biblestudy to be .net.
>
> -Jason
>
> On 1/18/06, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:
> > MSIE has the advantage of already being installed on the user's system
> > (no code overhead). But it has the disadvantage of not being a very good
> > renderer, all things considered. And it's closed source.
> >
> > We've long desired to hook up Gecko (the renderer in Mozilla/Firefox) as
> > our Windows renderer, not necessarily because of any open source
> > philosophical reasons, but because we can access and change the
> > underlying code--or use other people's modifications, like the addition
> > of Graphite font rendering. But it comes at the additional cost of a
> > pretty large download and a rather complex program to build (Gecko).
> > There's the old ActiveX wrapper for Mozilla, but it was never very
> > stable and doesn't give us great access to the underlying renderer at
> > runtime (nor would the MSIE control).
> >
> > --Chris
> >
> --
> http://emptycrate.com Games, Programming, Travel & other stuff