[sword-devel] Question

Manu Mital mitalmanu at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 23:18:55 MST 2006

hi,

I am trying to use the sword API using Visual C++.NET. so far, I have discovered how to display a Bible module into a rich edit control (that displays a RTF string). However, I have problems displaying a ThmL commentary in the RTF format.

if (sourceformat == "ThML")

pModule->AddRenderFilter(&thmlRTF);

where pModule is a pointer to a sword::SWModule and thmlRTF is defined as

sword::ThMLRTF thmlRTF;

The text I get is not a valid RTF text. For example, when trying to display the JFB commentary:

1. In the beginningâ€"a period of remote and unknown antiquity, hid in the depths of eternal ages; and so the phrase is used in <a href="">Pr 8:22,23</a>.
Godâ€"the name of the Supreme Being, signifying in Hebrew, "Strong," "Mighty." It is expressive of omnipotent power; and by its

As you can see, the RTF contains <href> tags and other invalid characters.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.