[sword-devel] BibleCS Installer

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 05:56:06 MST 2006

I have updated the installer as before.
This now launches readme (if requested) and then the InstallMgr followed
by Sword.exe (if program run requested)
I think that all the registry keys are correct.
I think that all the links are correct.
I fixed a problem where the InstallMgr --uninstall was called even if
the user chose to cancel the uninstall.
I added the splash screen to the uninstall.

So, while it does it differently internally, we now have the same
functionality of the simple installer. StarterPack is next.

There may be a little more that needs to be done along with code
commenting and simple refactoring, Then I think this is sufficient to
get a first release out.

Monday, should be a reasonable milestone.

Lynn, I think there are enough hooks in the registry for the discovery
of Sword to use its files in another project. I am still trying to
figure out SWORD_PATH and SWORD_HOME.
Troy, please take a critical look at it and see what else must be done
before a release.