[sword-devel] Food for thought regarding OSIS and some of its alternatives...

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Feb 8 18:44:19 MST 2006

Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> Apparently, amending the documentation to reflect those changes and
> openly publishing the results has not been a high priority.
>
> This change, once fully implemented in documentation and properly
> published, would elevate OSIS from unusable without modification to
> usable but not the best choice for any of the applications I'm
> responsible for.

The maintainer of the schema and author of the manual, Patrick Durusau,
just said (over on the osis-user list) that the next version of the
schema (2.1.1) should be available "soon" and that the manual should be
up "by the end of the month." (But you may have to forgive some
additional delays if the TC wants to make additional changes or if
Patrick just gets too busy with other commitments.)

--Chris