[sword-devel] Prelim draft of tutorial for Module-Making

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Wed Feb 8 16:41:13 MST 2006

Here is yatd ... yet another tutorial draft

http://lcdbible.sourceforge.net/misc/CwModuleTutorial_060208d.doc
which references a "StarterKit" that should be self-contained
http://lcdbible.sourceforge.net/misc/CwModuleTutorial_060208d.zip

Compared to previous:
* incorporates some of Greg H's feedback (thx)
* goes a little further .... up to a minor "tweak" of SAOA (Scripture
Alphabet of Animals) and confirmation that the change actually shows up

Comments:
* It is probably no more than 1/5th complete.
* I'm not at all a module-making expert .... just wanted to share/spare the
trial-and-error I went thru to get something more or less working

Feedback appreciated, especially:

* Is this worth doing?
* Is the style and substance reasonable, or should it be "back to the
drawing board" and fix it before proceeding much further?
* Does something already exist that I'm not aware of  .... other than:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordmodule/
(don't really want to re-invent the wheel)