[sword-devel] BibleCS Installer

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Mon Feb 6 14:41:16 MST 2006

>From SwordSetup.nis

  ;--------------------------------
  ; Establish and remember the Start MenuGroup info
  !define MUI_STARTMENUPAGE_DEFAULT_FOLDER     "$[PRODUCT_TITLE}"
  ; Remember where it is
  !define MUI_STARTMENUPAGE_REGISTRY_ROOT      HKLM
  !define MUI_STARTMENUPAGE_REGISTRY_KEY       "${PRODUCT_REGKEY}"
  !define MUI_STARTMENUPAGE_REGISTRY_VALUENAME StartMenuGroup

This may be a no-no .... HKLM should apparently not be used with installations because it assumes the end-user doing the installation has administrator privileges.

Ouch .... I hadn't been aware of this, and have always developed installers that assumed the end-user had admin privilege. I'll do some more research on this.

See:
http://www.microsoft.com/winlogo/software/windowsxp-sw.mspx  item 3.3

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/6271.asp
Comment: "You're having trouble installing a program for a user with a limited account"

nsis forum question:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=237355