[sword-devel] JD Bible Bot news

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Aug 5 13:40:02 MST 2006

New versions of the JD Bible Bot are out, the latest is 0.71. Jabber and
Google Talk users can contact the bot at bible at tstotts.net and
biblebot at jabberquebec.net. Thanks for the admins.

My development version at bible at amessage.de was unstable because the
server it uses had problems. Now it should be stable. But I won't have
net connection after this month so new administrators who want to
install a good selection of Sword modules and run the bot 24/7 are
needed.

I would like to offer the bot for AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, MSN etc. users, but I
have come to a conclusion that those big companies who offer IM services
are more evil than commercial closed source Bible program companies. The
latter want just get some money for their work but the former want to
restrict the users' rights and intercommunication by denying the use of
other than their own or approved-for-money software. I run the bot with
an MSN connection but it's quite questionable.

Please use Jabber/XMPP (or Google Talk), it's an open protocol.

http://biblebot.jabberstudio.org

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland