[sword-devel] GTK+

Barry Drake b-drake at supanet.com
Sat May 7 02:27:12 MST 2005

Hi there ............

Jeremy Erickson wrote:

>Just asking, how much of GnomeSword is Gnome-specific, and how much is just GTK+?  Would it be easier to port Gnome-specific parts of GnomeSword rather than updating an old frontend?

I've just been looking at the GnomeSword source.  Porting that to
Windows would be a really interesting project.  It would take a lot more
knowledge of the Sword api (and of C++) than I have, but I'd love to be
part of it if anybody wants to have a go.  It looks to me as though
GnomeSword relies more on the GTK+ widgets than on the actual gnome
frontend, and I think most of the functionality in the Gnome libraries
is already contained in the GTK+ Windows port.

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com