[sword-devel] Importing from biblegateway.com

Jonathon Blake jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:47:13 MST 2005

Joel wrote:

> We being society,

There was no concept of "intellectual property rights" when the texts
were written.

> Anyhow would converting e-sword's JET modules into SWORD Modules be a legally feasible solution?

a) Strictly from a programming POV, it will be much easier to go from
HTML 2 Sword module.

b) The HTML2Sword Module code is distributed under the GNU GPL.

c) The e-Sword license prohibits reverse engineering. I wouldn't be
surprised if Rick considered an e-Sword2Sword Project tool to be
reverse engineering, and a violation of the e-Sword license.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying you are much safer legally,
in creating a tool that ignores the existence of e-Sword.

xan

jonathon
--
A Fork requires: