[sword-devel] Introducing BibleMemorizer

Jeremy Erickson jerickson314 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 25 11:52:51 MST 2005

Thanks, Troy, for the patch.  It basically works.  With a few modifications
(like organization) I can use it in the next release of BibleMemorizer.  I
think I'll just have one "library" object declared within MainAct, and pass
pointers to both the Verse and VerseAct objects.  I was going to put the code
to do the lookup in the Verse class, but that is simple cut and paste.  And I
will add spaces between verses on range lookups.  Also, the reason the button
was disabled was so that it would only be enabled if the reference was valid.
If someone tried to look up "Gensis 1:3" (misspelled intentionally by me), or
an actual verse in a translation not in Sword, it would be disabled.  Again,
though, that is a trivial fix.  I was planning to make the Book field contain
the books from Sword, if they were available.  I saw an array with those
values when I was browsing the Sword headers once...

BTW, I installed Sword with "emerge bibletime" on Gentoo, which pulled in
Sword as a dependency.  Gentoo does not separate headers into "-devel"
packages and always uses "make install" behind the scenes.  I just had to
remove the references in the project file to libraries beyond the basic Sword
one; otherwise the compiler gave me errors.  Do all these libraries need to
be included in the project file for end users?

Here's the top I will use for the files:

/*
 * Copyright (c) 2005 Jeremy Erickson, Troy Griffitts
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * are met:
 *
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
 *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
 * OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
 * IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
 * INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
 * NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
 * DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
 * THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
 * (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
 * THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
 */

/*
 * This software currently contains code which uses libraries under the GNU
 * General Public License.  One such library is the Sword library
 * (http://www.crosswire.org/sword).  Code from Sword is currently within
 * #ifdef USE_SWORD blocks.  Use of this code, whether it remains in #ifdef
 * blocks or not, requires acceptance of the applicable version of the GPL.
 * Version 2, which is currently used by Sword, is reproduced in the file
 * COPYING. Check the Sword licensing terms for the current version.
 *
 * The Qt library may also be available for your platform only under the
 * GPL.  In this case, you also must accept the applicable version of the
 * GPL.  If it is available under the QPL or another BSD-compatible license
 * (including a commercial license, if you have purchased one) then this
 * restriction does not apply (unless of course you're using Sword).
 *
 * For the purpose of clarification, any of this code may be used under the
 * GPL instead of the above BSD-style license, and the BSD license no longer
 * need apply, except for the disclaimer and the copyright notice.
 */

-Jeremy Erickson

(Still haven't had a message I could just reply to, that's why this is still
top-level...)