[sword-devel] re: Lightfoot (also Poole)

Barry Drake b-drake at supanet.com
Tue Mar 22 02:07:25 MST 2005

Hi there ...........

Brian Schroeder wrote:

>It sounds like there is a corrupt copy in a (probably
>transparent) proxy at your ISP.  Does it happen for all modules or only a few?  (If it happens for all of them, then my guess is
>probably wrong...)

Unhappily, every time I've tried to download a module over the last
several months it has been the same.  This applies to the zipped raw
module and also to the Windows module.  The problem is pretty much the
same - module files that won't unpack (with Winzip) or more often, one
or more zero-length module files after they have been unpacked (and
Winzip displays them as zero-length).  I usually try the http download
before resorting to ftp, and end up using the ftp method because it
works for me!  The http downloads appear to be the size they ouught to
be.  It's only when I try to use them that I see the problem.

God bless,
Barry.
-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com