[sword-devel] Unicode supprt in lexicons

Joachim Ansorg nospam+sword-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Wed Jun 22 15:15:25 MST 2005

Hi,
I'm struggling with the unicode stuff of lexicons and lexicons in general.

Currently a frontend doesn't know whether to expect keys as utf8 or as
something else. because there's no standard defined. The same is valid of
GenBooks.

Secondly, the sort oder is not valid for unicode if unicode characters are
used in the entry names.
That way unicode strings like the german "a umlaut" appear in the end, but
they should be among the firtst entries of the list. Sorting in the frontend
moves the lexicon intro somewhere into the middle of the list and is
slow(er).

Thirdly, the lexicon intro is a hack, it uses a lot of prepended spaces to be
in the first place of the list.
We need to find a better solution for that.

I'm missing defined standards for the API and the modules. That would make
frontend development a lot easier.
Joachim
--
<>< Re: deemed