[sword-devel] Lexicon/Dictionary problem

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:39:30 MST 2005

With BT 1.5rc2 I have been encountering a strange error with the Lexica and
Dictionaries. The problem occurs in two steps. The first relates to an entry
which contains a comma in the entry name. For instance, the first entry in
one of the lexica is "Advocate, Counselor". When I open the Dictionary, it
defaults to that entry, and everything appears correctly. If, however, I
move away from that entry to the second entry (or any other entry) and then
back to this entry, the text within does not display. After the inial open,
any of the entries containing a comma do not display the text, while entries
that do not contain a comma appear perfectly well.

The second problem comes from when I attempt to install a version of the
dictionary with no entries containing a comma. I went through all of the
removal/uninstall procedures I could. First I just tried overwriting the
files related to the dictionary, but that did not affect that content that
Bibletime has recorded for the dicitonary, it still has entries with commas
in them, although there are none in the new form of the module. I then tried
using the Bibletime installer program to uninstall the problem modules and
then install the new form. Once again, when I open Bibletime I see the
entries with the commas in them listed, not the new version. When I tested
the new module in Gnomesword, just to be certain that the new form of the
module does not have a comma in the name, it correctly loaded the new form
of the module without the commas, but Bibletime seems to have cached the
data somewhere so that I always end up with entries containing commas for
the two modules under question.

--Greg