[sword-devel] Sword -> fortune

Don A. Elbourne Jr. delbourne at cox.net
Tue Jul 5 19:29:12 MST 2005

DM Smith wrote:

> As to using sword modules, I think that there is a command line
> program that given a reference and a module, will get the content. If
> not it would be pretty easy to write one either using the C++ Sword
> API or the Java JSword API. I can help with the java program, if that
> is what you want.
>
> And it would be fairly easy to have a Bible be dumped verse at a time
> into a fortune file, but it would probably be better to be selective
> and have some references be more than a single verse. As my Greek prof
> says, "Context is everything."

If you need a list of scripture references suitable for this, I put
together a user contributed list here:

http://lakeshorebaptist.net/dailyverse/

I did not quite collect my goal of 365. To be honest I sort of forgot
about this until you just jogged my memory.

I think I had more fun designing the web site for it than anything else.
:) Feel free to add your favorite verse.

--
by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org/