[sword-devel] Help for XPCOM Wrapper

Greg Marine gregmarine at iccnet.org
Mon Jan 17 19:01:03 MST 2005

Well, none that I'm aware of. I probably should have said something like
when other Christian software is built using the Mozilla platform.

One of my thoughts was someone could create a Firefox extension which
integrates the Bible into web browsing. Example, say I find a website on
a topic like raising kids. I could then search a library of Biblical
truths about the family without switching to another application to do so.

I am also planning to create software to assist in worship services.
Such an application could benefit from having Sword integrated. No need
to copy and paste scripture! Just tell it what you want and BAM it's
there! How about a sermon or Bible study preparation package? Financial
software with links right to Jesus' teachings on money? I'm a dreamer,
but I think if it is God's Will, all of this will happen. The collection
of software I would like to create I've named "Christian Desktop" and
would like to make it available for Windows, Linux, and Mac. I really
love the Mozilla platform and feel it might be my best option to make
everything cross platform. I've considered Java. I've been developing in
Java for a while now. But Mozilla seems to be better for what I need.

Any way, thank you and God Bless <><
Greg