[sword-devel] Sword for VB

Greg Marine gregmarine at iccnet.org
Mon Jan 10 19:28:50 MST 2005

Has anyone attempted to create a Sword application using Visual Basic?
Or at least, does anyone know how one might do so? I would like to set
references to the Sword API and use VB to create a front end. In the
end, I'm mostly interested in bridging the cap between the Sword API and
Mozilla's Gecko engine. They have an easy to use ActiveX control I can
use in VB. This is the only reason I would even imagine doing a Sword
front end in VB. I plan to eventually migrate to using Java as an XPCOM
bridge between the Sword API (actually JSword) and Mozilla's Gecko
engine. This would allow me to make the front end cross platform. But I
want to create a proof of concept using VB first. Any help is appreciated.

God Bless <><
Greg