[sword-devel] osis

Joachim Ansorg nospam+sword-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Sat Dec 10 06:32:32 MST 2005

Hi,
I don't know if this has been answered already.

> I also found some problems in regards to some special characters in my
> language, such as:
>
> â (Alt + 0226)
> ê (Alt + 0234)
> î (Alt + 0238)
> ô (Alt + 0244)
> û (Alt + 0251)

Did you encode those as Utf-8? That's the preferred solution, I guess.

> When any of them are inserted in the <verse></verse> or parts of the osis
> document, the verses are not shown from thence. Is there any way to solve
> these problem? Or this is NOT an OSIS problem? But the backend coding
> problem of the website (php)?

Check the generated website if those characters have been encoded as unicode.

> Hmm, BTW, I tried to install the Sword modules I downloaded, but I am not
> able to install them as they said, ICU....dll missing. Anybody can tell me
> where I can download sword dlls? I downloaded the sword...zip modules on
> the suggested site, but that is not the notified missing file.

The DLL should be included in the sword setup program for windows.

Joachim
--
<>< Re: deemed
www.bibletime.info