[sword-devel] Re: Strong's numbers in Septuagint/LXX module?

Jonathon Blake jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 02:29:03 MST 2005

Ted wrote:

> Maybe.  Having a BHS with Strong's numbers based on the LXX is what is called for here.

The BHS I have has Hebrew strong numbers, not Greek.

I'm not sure a program can shift them to Greek numbers, simply because
there is not a one to one correspondence between Greek Strong numbers,
and Hebrew Strong numbers.

The best that can be done is "this Hebrew word, with this strong
number is usually translated in this Greek word, with this strong
number."

Pattern matching _might_ be able to find the exceptions.

> also showing all verses that contained the strong's number, with the word in English highlighted.

> My program will help me see each Hebrew and Greek word as a gestalt, by tying all those related verses together, and highlighting their point of commonality.

OK.

>>an ack-ack?!?!.]
> Not sure.  What are you working on?

A commentary module, with each word of the verse listed
alphabetically, and then a cross-reference to every other verse that
the word is used in.
Each language has a matching dictionary module, that is sorted by
Strong's number.

########### This is an abridged sample/example  ############

For John 1:1 the layout will be:

In
[ List of verses ]
Strong's Number
the
[ List of verses ]
Strong's Number
beginning
(Gen 1:1)
(Gen 10:10)
(Gen 13:3)
(Gen 41:21)
(Gen 49:3)
(Exo 12:2)
(Deu 11:12)
(Deu 21:17)
(Jdg 7:19)
(Rth 1:22)
(Rth 3:10)
(1Sa 3:12)
(2Sa 21:9)
(2Sa 21:10)
(2Ki 17:25)
(Ezr 4:6)
(Job 8:7)
(Job 40:19)
(Job 42:12)
(Psa 111:10)
(Pro 1:7)
(Pro 8:22)
(Pro 8:23)
(Pro 8:26)
(Pro 9:10)
(Pro 17:14)
(Pro 20:21)
(Ecc 3:11)
(Ecc 7:8)
(Ecc 10:13)
(Isa 1:26)
(Isa 18:2)
(Isa 18:7)
(Isa 40:21)
(Isa 41:4)
(Isa 41:26)
(Isa 46:10)
(Isa 48:16)
(Jer 17:12)
(Jer 26:1)
(Jer 27:1)
(Jer 28:1)
(Jer 49:34)
(Lam 2:19)
(Eze 40:1)
(Dan 9:21)
(Dan 9:23)
(Amo 7:1)
(Mic 1:13)
(Mat 19:4)
(Mat 19:8)
(Mat 24:8)
(Mat 24:21)
(Mar 1:1)
(Mar 10:6)
(Mar 13:19)
(Luk 1:2)
(Luk 1:3)
(Luk 3:23)
(Luk 23:54)
(Joh 1:1)
(Joh 1:2)
(Joh 2:11)
(Joh 6:64)
(Joh 8:25)
(John 8:44)
(Joh 15:27)
(Joh 16:4)
(Act 10:37)
(Act 11:15)
(Act 26:4)
(Act 26:5)
(2Co 3:1)
(Phi 4:15)
(Col 1:18)
(2Th 2:13)
(Heb 5:12)
(Heb 7:3)
(2Pe 3:4)
(1Jo 1:1)
(1Jo 2:7)
(1Jo 2:13)
(1Jo 2:14)
(1Jo 2:24)
(1Jo 3:8)
(1Jo 3:11)
(2Jo 1:5)
(2Jo 1:6)
(Rev 21:6)
(Rev 22:13)
was
[ List of verses ]
Strong's Number
the
[ List of verses ]
Strong's Number
Word,
[ List of verses ]
Strong's Number
and
[ List of verses ]
Strong's Number
with
[ List of verses ]
Strong's Number
God
[ List of verses ]
Strong's Number

When finished, it will have Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, and English.
[And any other language that I decide to take the time to prepare the data for.]

This lets one look at either the commentary part, to find where else
the same word has been used, or the dictionary part, to find where
else the same Strong's number is used.

xan

jonathon
--
This is our sandbox and if we want to throw sand we can