[sword-devel] NET Bible

Tom Whittemore tom_whittemore at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 23 12:28:24 MST 2005

Dear Bothers and Sisters:

I have just joined this forum today.  I am presently working with the
folks at http://www.bible.org  (the NET Bible folks) and they have
assigned me the task of composing some SWORD Project NET Bible modules
for distribution  (some for free and some  (i.e., the complete 60,000+
footnotes)  for pay).

I have tried to use the vpl2mod for the 31,102 verse "text only" NET
Bible,  and I keep getting "problem" messages during the running of the
vpl2mod.  The outputed OT text has words running together,  plus,  it
also contains a lot of Matthew verses.  Could someone please spare a few
minutes to help a SWORD Project rank "rookie"?

Original Text
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was without shape and empty, and darkness was over the
surface of the watery deep, but the Spirit of God was moving over the
surface of the water.
God said, "Let there be light." And there was light!
God saw that the light was good, so God separated the light from the
darkness.
God called the light "day" and the darkness "night." There was evening,
and there was morning, marking the first day.

Generated OT
Inthe beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was without shape and empty,and darknesswas overthe
surface ofthe waterydeep, but the SpiritofGod was movingoverthe surface
ofthe water.
God said, "Letthere belight." And there was light!
God saw thatthe light was good, soGod separated the light fromthe darkness.
God calledthe light "day" and the darkness"night."There was evening,and
there was morning,marking the first day.

God Bless.

--

Agape Love, always!

Yours, in His Holy Name,

Tom W.

How happy is the one whose rebellious acts are forgiven, whose sin is
pardoned!

How happy is the one whose wrongdoing the Lord does not punish, in whose
spirit there is no deceit.

 - Psalms 32:1-2 (NET)

All outgoing Email has been scanned for viruses by Norton Anti-Virus
2005 v11.0 Professional.