[sword-devel] Compiling sword

Daniel Glassey danglassey at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 16 15:21:28 MST 2005

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Will,
>     It might be the version of automake/autoconf that you have on your
> system.  But since you mention a link error, does that mean that you are
> able to run ./configure and make even thought the autogen.sh script
> thows these warnings?  If so, could you post the link error?  I don't
> know much about the build system (dglasseys is the resident expert in
> that area) but I only get 1 warning when I run ./autogen.sh   Below is
> my version information.  It you're able to update your automake/autoconf
> packages on your mac, maybe that might help.  Hope we can get ya working
> again.

updating isn't a solution - it should work with whatever comes with the
system.

I've replicated the problem and it exists in revision 1770 (before the
changes I made recently so reverting that won't help). It doesn't exist
in 1674 and I haven't pinned it down more than that yet.

or at least this bit appears

 >> lib/Makefile.am:18: libsword_la_SOURCES was already defined in
 >> condition TRUE, which implies condition WITHCURL_TRUE

Regards,
Daniel