[sword-devel] Localization

Linas Spraunius mail at operis.org
Mon Sep 13 22:58:21 MST 2004

Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> The translation of the book names is in the locales.d which is provided by
> Sword.
> The interface translation is a part of BibleTime.

Thank you for your answer. You are right. I have tried to make lt.conf
file and I got Lithuanian book names. But I have another 2
problems/question:
1. BibleTime can't find a verse if a book name has Lithuanian letter. My
locale is LANG=lt_LT.UTF-8. Sword file lt.conf with book names is
encoded UTF-8 too. In the konsole, where I start BibleTime, I can read
that there is no such my requested verse. I order to introduce
Lithuanian language I have modified Makefile.am (added Lithuanian
language). Perhaps it's not enough.
2. Who could insert lt.conf and Lithuanian Bible to the sword project?
I have contacted Chris Little and Troy A. Griffitts but after first
reply I didn't get any answer. I had the same situation in both cases
and I don't know what the problem is.

Regards,
Linas Spraunius