[sword-devel] Re: Re: HELP WANTED

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Mon May 10 14:42:45 MST 2004

Em Mon, 10 May 2004 13:04:20 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts escreveu:

> I really don't know the
> sources of these modules beyond what is mentioned in their .conf file. I'd
> guess Heretics would be from CCEL, and if so, then correcting that module
> AT CCEL and then exporting it as OSIS (I believe they have this feature on
> their website), and importing into SWORD would be your best bet.

	OK.

	I have thought of that, what irks me is that I feel like
duplicating other people's work.  Like, someone must have taken the
Heretics and PorAA modules from somewhere and converted, and in the
conversion something went wrong... if I knew the person, I could try
to coordinate something instead of doing it all to learn at the end
the problems were just fixed by the original author of the conversion.

	In the case of Heretics I just found who converted it in the
.conf file, and emailed him.  But in the case of PorAA, I'm still in
the dark, perhaps there should be a policy of only accepting
identified work?

	About CCEL to OSIS, I just found Heretics there.  Some of the
errors are from the ThML original, so I will fix them there and
contribute the fixes to CCEL; some others are conversion errors, so I
will try to learn the process... where to start?

	Next I will check PorAA, as it seems a taller order.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra           +55 (11) 5685 2219
Av Sgto Geraldo Santana, 1100 6/71               +55 (11) 5686 9607