[sword-devel] Do yoe need this BiblePresenter?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon May 10 12:39:07 MST 2004

Wolfgang,
	Ok, I'm sorry for the abrasiveness of some responses seen thus far, but
I'm afraid that I'm in general agreement with their ideas.

	We've asked others who have created similar tools, that 'scrape' the
website of our web-based application and create modules for other
software, to desist.  It is not only illegal, in some regards, but puts
an unusual strain on our servers.  We've offered them code samples of
how to do similar things by installing the sword module and calling our
api to convert our modules into other software formats.

	We have a personal relationship with Winfred Bader from the German
Bible Society (who has actually just moved on to other work), and
received permission to distribute the base text of the BHS, which is
actually Codex Leningradensis.

	We do not distribute the Nestle Aland.

	Please consider working together-- which we would greatly welcome-- or
refrain from obtuse accusations, criticisms, and advertisements.

	-Troy.