[sword-devel] (no subject)

Barry Hodkinson barryhodkinson1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 11:16:24 MST 2004

I have two sets of books which I would like to see preserved on the internet. The first is the Thomas Scott Bible Commentary in six volumes.(3600 pages approx). Thomas Scott wrote the first modern commentary (about 1700) with chain reference system which others later copied and copywrited. Matthew Henry etc, was modelled on this original. Though old the commentary still has fresh ideas, you also get a lot of interesting notes from older commentaters. Scott himself was a freind of John Newton, the converted slave-trader, who wrote the hymn "Amazing Grace" and ministered in the same church as his successor.
The second is "The Peoples Bible" Joseph Parker D.D. (25 Volumes, 400 pages average)  Joseph Parker was the Founder of the City Temple, Holborn Viaduct, London. which had a number of famous preachers. If you have the resources and manpower to put these works on the internet I would be delighted.
  Best wishes, Barry Hodkinson.