[sword-devel] Windows CE: application layout

Johan Gorter sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:40:10 +0100

Hello Troy and other people interested in the windows CE version,

I successfully made the second gui to the windows CE version. There is a
new project added to the workspace which generates a simple gui for just
reading a bible. The original project generates a gui which we can
extend further.

I already added a page which can contain a second translation for
instance. I also left instructions in the abstract NavPage class on how
to make a new page. I abbreviated the menu-descriptions, but I think
that we should use icons here.

The next step I think is to come up with which pages should be added to
contain all the sword functionality. Any suggestions here? If a user
wants to read a book next to the bible, or read the same text in two
translations, he should be able to switch between them using just one
'click'.

There are some minor issues to address as well:
- When a new testament is opened, I get three error messages complaining
that error 32 occurs (The process cannot access the file because it is
being used by another process.) for every file used by the testament.
After clicking these away, the program works fine. I think that these
files maybe get opened twice or something.
- When compiling the dll, I get an error in 'osisref'. I used some
creativity to make it compile again, but I do not know if what I did was
correct. Also two annoying warnings occur in SWBuf, which I fixed. I did
not check this in, but I can send the patches. By the way, what are the
differences between a SWBuf and a std::string? I could not come up with
any.

Troy, can you put the files you used to have greek, hebrew and a lexicon
into a zip file (and maybe add instructions like in our first zipfile)?
That should make it much easier for me to understand what the
application should do.

In Him,

Johan