[sword-devel] Incomplete verses in BHS
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:26:02 -0700 (MST)
There is no problem on my end either, with either BibleCS 1.5.6 or The
Bible Tool and the latest version of BHS. I would try downloading a new
copy. Your may be either old or corrupted. If that doesn't fix the
problem, there's an error in Sword 1.5.7 or, less likely, in both
BibleTime and GnomeSword.
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Dan Griswold wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have discovered a problem in the book of Isaiah in the sword module
> for the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS). I noticed it first with
> chapter 6. There, several verses are incomplete. Verse 2 ends after
> the second radical ("letter") of the third word. Only part of the
> first word of verse 4 is present. Verse 5 ends partway through the
> ninth word. There are similar problems with verses 9 and 13.
> Incomplete verses are relatively easy to spot, even for those who
> can't read Hebrew: ends of verses are marked by a colon (:). When a
> verse does not end with a colon in the module, then this is a strong
> indicator that the verse is probably incomplete. That is confirmed by
> a comparison with the printed text.
> Glancing through the nearby chapters in Isaiah, I find problems in
> other chapters. I noticed it, by quickly checking, in chapters 1, 5,
> and 7. It's probably throughout the whole text, but proving that is
> more effort than it's worth, unless I find out otherwise.
> I believe that it is a problem with the module rather than with the
> program used to display the text, because I get the same results
> whether I use GnomeSword (2) or BibleTime.
> I do not know if this problem originates with the packaging of this
> module or further "upstream." So, if this bug is best reported
> elsewhere, I'd be happy to know that.
> /\ \
> \_| Dan Griswold |
> | email@example.com |
> | __________________________|_
> sword-devel mailing list