[sword-devel] Gnome Sword Seg. Fault

Andy Piper sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:50:09 +0000

sbarnhart wrote:
> Debugging Information:
>
> Backtrace was generated from '/usr/bin/gnomesword2'

[snip]
> #4  0x00b08b50 in strcpy () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
> #5  0x08074ec9 in gui_add_history_Item ()
> #6  0x08072fd6 in frontend_display ()
> #7  0x08090fbb in main ()

This is the infamous "history bug". It is fixed in our CVS
version (which also has a module manager and tabbed passage
browsing as bonus features).

If you can't use the CVS version for any reason... I've been
meaning to make a 2.0.1 release available to fix this issue as it
is our #1 reported bug about the 2.0 version, but I've had
problems with my workstation at home (overheating Athlon...). No
ETA for releasing the bugfix version yet, sorry.

BTW, you may want to subscribe to the gnomesword-users and / or
gnomesword-devel lists.

Andy

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy.piper@freeuk.com