[sword-devel] Portuguese Translation PorAA

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 10:01:16 MST 2004

I made a mistake. I jotted the numbers down wrong. Each line ends with
A0 30 A0 (-96, 32, -96)

For Gen 1.1 all accented characters are represented as UTF-8
For example, í is (-61, -83) in the data. Which becomes a code-point of 237.

Anyway, A0 in Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) is a non-breaking space and
30 is a regular space.

I wonder whether this just represents an unconverted sequence of Latin-1
whitespace. I have often seen this sequence as a way of providing for
fixed spaces in HTML.