[sword-devel] Portuguese Translation PorAA

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 08:54:28 MST 2004

Not sure I can be of much help, but I took a look at the data in the
file and each verse ends with a byte sequence A4 30 A4 (-92, 32, -92).

In stepping through the debugger in Java, it identifies that this is not
valid UTF-8 and silently replaces the A4 with FFFD (i.e. -92 with 65533).

The reason that it displays as a question mark is not because there is a
question mark in the data, but because that is how the rendering of
unknown characters is represented. On my system, it shows up as a box.

Anyway, the problem is probably in the editorial master from which the
sword module is created.