[sword-devel] Re: Greeting from WBS

Steve Tang sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 05:43:11 -0600 (MDT)

Gentlemen,

The raw text and Strong's numbers came from bible.fhl.net. I wrote a perl
script to:

* strip out non-texts and compare with text from ubound.biola.edu to
correct a few typos.
* format it into GBF & then the ChiUN module. I collected big5 vs gb
conversion table & unicode tables (from either www.unicode.org and some
other public sources I believe) and wrote a perl script to translate between
traditional and simplified texts. I didn't use the tool from
www.mandarintools.com since I couldn't correct the few 'errors' myself.
(I'm more than happy to share of GPL the script if I have the means to
distribute it.)

I have my list of errors of these twin modules. Please either show us
yours or let me know if you prefer to have the original text files.

Steve Tang...