[sword-devel] Thai commentary and dictionary - small problems

Adrian Korten sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:35:51 +0700

--------------050405060902020807060808

Good day,

In the last few days, I have been playing and testing both a Thai
commentary and a Thai dictionary. After some problems with the wrong
definitions in the .conf files, it seems to be working. It is quite neat
to see both Thai script in the commentary and dictionary windows of
Sword. There are two problems that I have encountered so far.

The Dictionary Key display box shows characters incorrectly when first
starting the program. It does not seem to realize that the previous
characters are UTF-8 so it displays "นางรูธ". After clicking
on a Thai word, it displays it correctly and it is possible to change
the keyboard to Thai and type Thai. It seems to sort the words properly.

Secondly, scripture references using the ThML mark-up don't display for
Thai references on an English system. I tried three formats for ScripRef
using the ThML format: two English book names, two Thai book names and a
mixed set. The English displays on my computer but not the Thai nor does
it recognize it as a valid scripture to jump to. On a Thai computer, the
English and Thai displays okay and has a jump to with left-click when
the UI is set to Thai (but not if it is set to English).

The program seems to be reading the displayed reference and not the
'passage=' reference. I would prefer it look at the passage= in a
generic language reference (ie. Use English in the passage= portion and
Thai in the display portion.)

I didn't have a chance to try using whatever markup is used by OSIS to
see if the same results appear.

Hopefully, this is clear enough that you understand my explanation.

Adrian

--------------050405060902020807060808

$$$Matthew 1:1
$$$Matthew 1:3
<b>นางทามาร์ </b> เป็นลูกสะใภ้ของยูดาห์ (ปฐก.38:6-30) <scripRef passage="ปฐก.38:6-30">ปฐก.38:6-30</scripRef>
$$$Matthew 1:4
<b>อัมมีนาดับ </b> พ่อตาของอาโรน (อพย.6:23) <scripRef passage="Exodus 6:23">อพย 6:23</scripRef>
$$$Matthew 1:5

นางรูธ

--------------050405060902020807060808--