[sword-devel] QPSword 0.5.3

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:13:27 -0700

Hey guys,

Got a new qpsword compiled against the latest sword libs and OZ/OPIE
buildroot.  It seems to work, and I fixed a couple bugs, as well, but
KJV searches are expectedly, unusably slow.  Also it seems the filters
have changed quite a bit (or maybe just the OSIS filters (which I guess
didn't even exist before)) and it makes footnotes and strongs numbers
into links (which is cool), but they don't work to do anything useful.

So.... I'd like to get the links pulling up the lexicon if it exists,
and possibly consider creating a GBF KJV module with only lemma/morph
for now until we get the speed issues worked out.

Anyone interested in helping, here are the build instructions:

Build openzaurus by following these instructions:

http://openzaurus.sourceforge.net/oz_website/faq/faq?id=84

Check out sword to the same parent directory as the above buildroot-oz
(e.g. ~/src/sword and ~/src/buildroot-oz):

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:/usr/local/cvsroot
cvs login
Password: anonymous
cvs co sword

Check out qpsword to the same parent directory as the above buildroot-oz
(e.g. ~/src/qpsword and ~/src/buildroot-oz):

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:/cvs/qpsword
cvs login
Password: anonymous
cvs co qpsword

Build sword with something like:

cd sword
./autogen.sh
. ./arminst.sh
make
su
make install

Then you'll have to copy the arm binaries to the buildroot-oz build:

cp /usr/lib/libsword.* ../buildroot-oz/output/staging/target/lib/
cp -a /usr/include/sword/ ../buildroot-oz/output/staging/include/

Now you can try to build qpsword:

exit #from root
cd ../qpsword
. ./armenv
make

That should do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks guys.

	-Troy.