[sword-devel] Thayer's Greek Lexicon - thayer.zip

Bruce sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 01:13:49 -0500

I am interested in developing a tool which would allow a search of the
Greek NT or OT using the native Greek words rather than by cross linking
by Strong's number.  I have started trying to make a Greek analysis tool
to be able to identify all forms of the Greek words in the text.  A tool
which would help me in the process is the file that I think I downloaded
either from BibleTime or the Sword project a few weeks ago,
 "thayer.zip".  As far as I can tell, that file interoperates with
BibleTime.  However I cannot find a link to the file on any obvious
place on the BibleTime or the Sword WEB sites.  Because of this, I have
a few questions:

1)  Is this file still publically available (if it ever was a part of
the site)?

2)  Is this file in process of being revised, and so it is removed
temporarily?

3)  Has there been any previous work in trying to develop a Greek or
Hebrew grammer analysis tool?

4)  The current Greek text that I have looked at from the Sword WEB site
is unpointed.  Since this makes the grammer analysis less precise, is
there any plans in the near future to upgrade the Greek text to use
accents and iota subscripts in the text?

Bruce Butterfield
bjbutter@peoplestar.net