[sword-devel] ActiveDiatheke ocx: may have gotten working again

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:43:34 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0177_01C396AB.92AB4DE0

I'm a Crosswire-Sword newbie with an interest in using the =
ActiveDiatheke component in a freeware project. I've been wrestling with =
the sources, and may have it working again. I made some minor changes to =
the "query" function to bring it up-to-date and consistent with 1.5.6, =
and fussed with the project .dsp files to get rid of compilation and =
linkage errors.

My impression is that a working ActiveDiatheke component would solve =
some/many problems that Ms Visual C++ 6.0 programmers have in using the =
Crosswire-Sword resources and tools. I'm unfamiliar with VB 6.0, but the =
VB ActiveDiathekeDemo program is also working now.

I'd like to make these changes available, if appropriate, but as a CVS =
newbie, didn't know how to proceed. I had in mind to "package" the =
source with the ocx, along with a simple MFC program that uses the ocx. =
If acceptable, these could go in the "apps" section of the CVS tree.

Lynn Allan
------=_NextPart_000_0177_01C396AB.92AB4DE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm a Crosswire-Sword newbie with an =
interest in=20
using the ActiveDiatheke component in a freeware project. I've been =
wrestling=20
with the sources, and may have it working again. I made some minor =
changes to=20
the "query" function to bring it up-to-date and consistent&nbsp;with =
1.5.6, and=20
fussed with the project .dsp files to get rid of compilation and linkage =

errors.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My impression is that a working =
ActiveDiatheke=20
component would solve some/many problems that Ms Visual C++ 6.0 =
programmers have=20
in using the Crosswire-Sword resources and tools. I'm unfamiliar with VB =
6.0,=20
but the VB ActiveDiathekeDemo program is also working now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'd like to make these changes =
available, if=20
appropriate, but as a CVS newbie, didn't know how to proceed. I had in =
mind to=20
"package" the source with the ocx, along&nbsp;with a simple MFC program =
that=20
uses the ocx. If acceptable, these could go in the "apps" section of the =
CVS=20
tree.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Lynn Allan</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0177_01C396AB.92AB4DE0--