[sword-devel] importing TEI documents

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 09:14:59 -0700 (MST)

Hi Gour,

I see Patrick already got most of your questions answered on osis-user in
a way that should be more helpful than most of us on this list can hope to
be.  I just have a couple of small notes to add in response to this
message:

Sword's OSIS importers are not necessarily going to work well.  They
might, they might not.  Part of the reason for that is that we're still
working to improve them at the same time as OSIS defines best practices.
Another part of the reason is that OSIS is currently in flux, moving
toward 2.0, as Patrick mentioned.  So things that work today for OSIS 1.5
won't necessarily work perfectly for OSIS 2.0.  However, if you have a
valid document that doesn't work, we would be happy to take a look at it
and try to incorporate necessary changes into our importer.

Secondly, since you mention using the manual, I'll point out that it is
very definitely a draft.  It's full of typos and details that were correct
for earlier versions of OSIS (in some cases, possibly versions that
changed before even being released to the public).  But there is light on
the horizon as Steve & Patrick are actively working to revise the manual
and it should be a terrific resource for 2.0 encoding.

--Chris