[sword-devel] importing TEI documents

Gour sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:46:48 +0200

Hello!

I'm new to Sword as well to the OSIS markup language.

Recently I decided to switch from DocBook to TEI since it is more suited for
scholarly texts and then I visited Sword site where I discovered that
it can import OSIS modules.

Now I'm just looking on OSIS draft manual and see that it is very similar to
TEI. Is it possible to ie. is there some tool to map between TEI <--> OSIS, so
that one can import TEI encoded documents into Sword and incorporate them for
text retrieval, and publish tme on CD-ROM?

I must express my heartfelt congratulations to all the developers of Sword
project for such a wonderful contribution.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour