[sword-devel] OSIS WEB TOOL - keyword search results

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:36:40 -0500

Joachim,

On the search reults page:

Instead of wrapping the search results with
is some unnecessary stuff in there.

the div is superfluous.

Remove the table. Instead wrap the score with a span. The CSS can position
it to the left. The resulting hit listing would be much cleaner. Something
like this:

<dt>
<a title="I Kings 3:24" href="passagestudy.jsp?key=I+Kings+3%3A24#cv">I
Kings 3:24</a>
</dt>
<dd>
The king said, Get me a sword. They brought a sword before the king.
</dd>

Removing all the extra stuff decreases the markup by almost half. The page
should load slightly faster and over time will save money on bandwidth
costs.

Let me know once you make these changes. Generate a clean list and I'll work
on the CSS to get it to display on the page the same as it does now.

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org