{Spam?} [sword-devel] How to unluck a module

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:57:28 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Frank Yung-Fong Tang wrote:

> 1. There is not enough info here for those of us who do not remember or
> understand what a SWORD module is to make a decision.  Can someone
> explain?

A sword module is a collection of characters commonly known as text
gathered in such a way that they are meaningfull to any program accessing
them through the Sword API.

These can be translations of the Bible or related works.

> 2. What sort of legal agreement with SWORD would be required? Would
> they have exclusive online rights? Would we (The xxx Bible Society) not
> be free to sign agreements with other people or not free to make the xxx
> Bible translation available online in other ways unrelated to SWORD?

Neither side will have an exclusive right. If general distribution is not
permitted I think it will be hard to get it into a free sword module.

Hugo.

PS: Please do not use HTML messages on a mailinglist and wrap you lines
after about 72 characters.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.