[sword-devel] HELP WANTED -- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE

Keith Ralston sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:22:08 -0600

Before considering migrating technologies, you should consider their current
commitment to technology.  That is, did they choose Word because this is
what they know?  Changing technologies for end-users is not nearly as simple
as for technologists.  Asking them to change from Word to OOo could be
tantamount to asking them to go from driving a car to piloting a space ship.
The difficulty presented to the end-user lies in the *fact* of change
itself.  If they are willing to make such a commitment, then I agree with
Don.  However, if they have adopted Word as a "least common denominator,"
then they should stick with Word and get it to work.

If this request is still existing in a couple of weeks, I can help out after
my semester finishes - December 6.  I have the dubious pleasure of being
familiar with the entire Office Object model and VBA as well.  (Mother
always told me I should have stuck with C.)  I will download their stuff and
have a look at it in the interim.

Keith