[sword-devel] HELP WANTED -- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE

Trevor Jenkins sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:19:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Don A. Elbourne Jr. <delbourne@cox.net> wrote:

> I don't use MS Word. What exactly do these macros do? I wonder if it would
> be better to do something in OpenOffice.org that would do the same thing.
> Migrating to OOo would save a lot of money in the long run.

I agree that migrating Wycliffe/SIL to OOo would save them some cash.
However, it isn't quite as much of a saving as first appears. They are a
charity and therefore eligible for sizable discounts. Of course, even with
discounts it is still more expensive than using the OOo. (I don't work for
Wycliffe/SIL but have talked with the UK local IT manager about some of
these issue in the past.)

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!