[sword-devel] MOD2OSIS.EXE - FAQ?

schultz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 21:39:20 +0100

Martin Gruner schrieb:

>Wolfgang,
>
>I am curious. Why are you trying to create an alternative to Sword (True Sharp
>Sword) and OSIS (Zefanja)? Is what we have to offer you not enough? Would you
>see any benefit in cooperation?
>
>Martin

hello martin,

my aim is it to write biblesoftware based on xml files. I looked around
and have found Sword and OSIS. But it seems that Sword has no support
for xml files and in addition i do not like c++  :(.  Whereas  OSIS is a
bit overdressed for my purposes and OSIS  has one disadvantage. On can
create OSIS bibletexts in several variants which are valid OSIS
documents so we have unnecessarily to keep in mind this  in an
application. In particular it  is difficult to address a single verses
in some variants !

But for all that if i can do anything for Sword i will do it !!

Wolfgang Schultz
FREE BIBLE SOFTWARE GROUP
Theologische Initiative Freiburg
http://www.zefania.de/