[sword-devel] Wanted: Font developers

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 15 May 2003 15:40:41 -0700 (MST)

Patrick,

Sounds great if that's a possibility.  I didn't know SBL planned to do all
of those ranges--all I'd heard about was the plans for Hebrew.  Most of
the glyphs I'm interested are probably the same ones SBL would be
interested in, incluing new ones like superscript latin e and fraktur
uppercase p that get used in standard transliteration schemes and critical
apparatuses.  Even if someone from Sword did manage to produce a font with
all the needed glyphs, I doubt they'd find the time to do the quality of
hinting, kerning, or OpenType tables that John Hudson will.

--Chris