[sword-devel] An apology ......

Joel Mawhorter sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 06 May 2003 08:26:21 -0700

Greetings Barry,

I very much appreciate all of the hard work that you put into the Sword
project. However, I must strongly question what right you have to
singlehandedly determine the policy of a project made up of many different
people. I believe that if you take a look through the sword-devel archies you
will find that Johan's comments do reflect the opinions of a number of people
on this list. It is possible that, as you suggest, these types of comments
are counterproductive. It is also possible that Bible socities need some
prophetic help in being woken up from their slumber to the seriousness and
urgency of the task at hand. I am not on the sword-support list so I don't
have the full text of the original message that you are replying to. If in
that message, Johan claimed to speak for the Sword project then that was out
of place. Regardless, I believe it is very much out of place to try to
suppress the expression of opinions on debatable matters, both on and off
this list, when they are expressed in a calm and loving manner. What I find
especially disturbing is your apology on behalf of the Sword project to Dr.
Hermanson. How can you apologize on behalf of the people in this project who
agree with Johan? I for one hope that Dr. Hermanson does not disregard what
Johan has said but listens carefully to it and examines the attitude and
motivation of the Bible society he represents.

In Christ,

Joel