[sword-devel] I would like to write a PHP interface + copy-right of ZIP question

DJ WIce sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:11:50 +0100

Hi all,

I have 2 questions:

1)
I would like to write a PHP interface to read the bible modules (at first).
Can one of you provide the structure and encoding/decoding algorithms for
the modules?

2)
As far as I have seen the config files talk about ZIP encoding. If I'm
correct that's based of the same algoritm als GIF files. PHP GD did stop the
support for GIF files because of copyright problems.
Is this copyright thing not a problem for this project (e.g. did you get a
free green light)?
Just a notice, I'm not up-to-date with this copyright thing.

Wouter