[sword-devel] Convert markup in all modules to OSIS?

Simon sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:47:18 +0100

Hi,

Maybe it would be nice to convert all markup in all modules to OSIS. I
didn't look in the sourcecode, but I am sure that supporting just 1
format for markup requires much less code...

Currently I am writing a PHP script that replaces all markuptags with
their equivalant OSIS-markup tag.

I have also written a PHP script that checks and repairs verses in
bibletexts, that are not recognised as apart verses. Some modules have
this error. For example, DutSVV 1 Sam 24, where verse 23 is not
recognised as different verse:

21En nu, zie, ik weet, dat gij voorzeker koning worden zult, en dat het
koninkrijk van Israel in uw hand bestaan zal. 22Zo zweer mij dan nu bij
den HEERE, zo gij mijn zaad na mij zult uitroeien, en mijn naam zult
uitdelgen van mijns vaders huis! [ (I Samuel 24:23) Toen zwoer David aan
Saul; en Saul ging in zijn huis, maar David en zijn mannen gingen op in
de vesting. ]

My script repairs those bugs.

It is also nice to use ONLY the OSIS-reference tags, which are very
strictly defined, I think this will repair a lot of reference-bugs I
found in some modules.

Let me hear what you think about it...

And another question: Does the ThML exported by Diaspora contains ALL
tags that are in a Sword module, or are some tags skipped? If so, have
can I get an export of a Sword module that contains all markuptags that
are in the module?

With kind regards,

Simon

PS> I have tested all Public Domain modules (exported to ThML) with a
script, and checked some of the errors found by that PHP script, and
those did also exist in the Sword module.