[sword-devel] Maps work

Mon, 9 Jun 2003 17:01:33 -0400

On Monday 09 June 2003 09:32 am, swdsl wrote:
> Just an update.
>
> The 3D terrain software I had was too limited. I am currently testing 3
> other packages. This will take some time as I need to learn the interfaces.
>
> The packages I'll be testing are
> 3DEM
> Blue Marble
> Open Scene Graph

Hi do you have any code already working that I can look at? I was thinking of
having 3 types of maps;

Static: which is just an image and very analogous to what people already have
in print bibles and is already supported for the most part.
Interactive: XML based, possibly svg (this would be the main module type)
Dynamic: which would be your 3d satellite data with possible overlays (which
BTW is only of limited use for ancient near eastern studies because of some
landform shifts in the area over the past 2000 years)