[sword-devel] Interested in? Graphics

David Cary sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:03:00 -0500

Dear friends,

>From: Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org>
>Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:30:34 +0200 (CEST)
> > 1. PDF has hyperlinks. 2. JavaScript can be embedded into PDF
> > for interactivity. (At least it can show/hide objects).
>
>But PDF is a proprietary issue. If sword is to steer clear of issues with
>lawyers that will drive us away from the goal (to share that which we
>received so generously) we must avoid ANY propriatary protocol or
>fileformat.
>
>Hugo.
>http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/

I've been told that PDF is merely a inferior dialect of PostScript.
         http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/~anton/why-not-pdf.html
I've been told that PostScript cannot be copyrighted -- no language can be
copyrighted. (IANAL).

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

--
David Cary
Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you