[sword-devel] Bible Web Interface

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 19:21:28 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Dan Adams wrote:

> A couple questions I had relating to the planned upon features.
>
> What will the get syntax be?

Essentially (so far) the basic syntax is
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/biblenew/passagestudy.jsp?key=<verseref>&mod=<module>

That's if you want to link to a specific verse of a specific module, but
uses a session, so you don't need to specify things that don't change.
For example, once I'm at a verse, I can go to another verse in the same
module by simple loading another key.

> Will it be possible for it to read GenBooks, also Commentaries?

Commentaries work currently.  LD & GenBook modules do not, but they will
eventually.

I think we're quite open to suggestions for what a GenBook interface ought
to look like.

> Will it be possible for it to be installed on any given computer to use the
> web interface? I am thinking like Diatheke can do now.

I suppose, but it depends on what you mean.  Installing on other
webservers won't be a problem.  Installing on a home PC for off-line use
will certainly be possible, if you're willing to install Tomcat.  Using it
like the command-line interface to Diatheke won't be possible--that's what
Diatheke's for.

--Chris