[sword-devel] Writing to Copyright Holder

Grant Alexander sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 11:48:15 +1200

One thing I would like to help out with is to get involved
with the copyright holders to try to encourage them to
release the copyright to the sword project.

What kind of approaches have been made in the past?
Have people suggested creative marketing opportunities e.g.
distibuting a CD with Sword, GnomeSword, Bibletime etc with
every hardcopy of the particular version?  Would publishers
think that's a good idea if they could include free software
with their hardcopy?  That then begs the question of who
masters the CD.  In exchange Sword gets to release the
texts????

These are just some ideas I have had.  Is this sort of
approach compatible with the purposes of this project?

Grant Alexander